Fatigue and weaknessis one of the problems encountered in certain periods. There may be more than one cause of periodic fatigue and weakness. In most cases, fatigue and weakness occur seasonally. For example, we often hear spring fatigue, summer fatigue. Fatigue and weakness increase with the warming of the weather. In this article, we have compiled information about fatigue and weakness for you. I wish you good reading!
What Are the Symptoms of Heat Fatigue?
Heat exhaustion is defined by experts as a disease that occurs after exposure to high temperatures. Extreme heat in summer causes fatigue and weakness. There are two different types of temperature-related fatigue.
– fatigue due to thirst; While thirst causes headaches in hot weather, nausea, vomiting, muscle cramps and dizziness can be seen due to decreased salt consumption.
– heat exhaustion; heatstroke can occur and should be taken seriously.
The symptoms of heat exhaustion are as follows;
– Dark colored urine (a sign of thirst)
– Headache and dizziness
– Muscle or abdominal cramps
– Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
– pale skin
Rapid heart beat
What Causes Summer Fatigue?
Summer fatigue occurs according to changing seasonal conditions such as spring fatigue and seasonal temperatures. With excessive heat, sweating also increases, which causes water loss. As a result, fatigue and fatigue occur. The causes of summer fatigue can be listed as follows;
Even if there is no sweating, fatigue and weakness may occur due to the effect of air temperature.
Staying under the sun for a long time causes fatigue and weakness in the summer months.
Long-term sunbathing, exposure to the sun for a long time at work causes fatigue and weakness.
Air conditioners, which are used more frequently in the summer months, can also cause fatigue and weakness.
Diarrhea causes fatigue and weakness as it causes loss of water with the heat in summer.
Changes in sleep patterns in the summer, not being able to sleep at night due to the heat or interruption of sleep are the causes of weakness and fatigue.
Who is at Risk for Heat Fatigue?
Heat stroke There is no specific risk group for a specific age group or gender. Therefore, people who have other diseases or are susceptible to injury are more affected by heat than other people. These people are as follows;
- heart patients,
- blood pressure patients,
- Diabetes patients,
- cancer patients,
- Those who are much under or over their normal weight,
- Those with psychological or psychiatric disorders,
- kidney patients,
- people over 65 years old,
- children under 5 years old,
- pregnant women,
- Those who follow a constant and unconscious diet,
- Those who do not drink enough water.
The following applications can be made as first aid in heat strokes;
The person affected by heat stroke is taken to a cool and airy place,
- Remove the clothes of the person affected by heat stroke,
- Lie on back and supported with arms and legs elevated,
- If there is no nausea and if he is conscious, 1 liter of water -1 teaspoon of baking soda -1 teaspoon of salt mixture liquid or soda can be drunk to eliminate water and salt loss.
What are the Ways to Prevent Summer Fatigue?
summer fatigue It can occur due to many reasons. Other serious causes not included in this article can cause fatigue and weakness. For this reason, we recommend that you consult a doctor when you feel weak and tired. Here is what you need to do to avoid fatigue and weakness in the summer:
· You should stay away from bad habits such as alcohol and smoking, so your immune system will be stronger.
You should avoid excessive caffeinated drinks.
Take care to consume as much fluid as your body needs.
You can support your night's sleep by doing light exercises in the cool hours of the evening.
· You should create a varied healthy diet consisting of summer vegetables and fruits.
You can also add additional detox water to your diet and fluid consumption. Thus, you can help cells renew and revitalize.
You should prefer light colored clothes.
· At the recommendation of your doctor multivitamins comic vitamin supplements Do not forget to take as much as your body needs.