Suggestions for Preventing Diseases in Autumn
Autumn months are the months when the disease is most common. Temperature changes, sudden sweating and sudden chills can cause illness. The following points can help you to protect yourself from diseases in the fall;
- We recommend getting the flu and pneumonia vaccine at the beginning of autumn.
- We recommend washing your hands frequently.
- You need quality sleep. Sleep is very important for the immune system.
- It is necessary to dress well in order not to get cold and sweat when going out.
- It is necessary to keep a distance from people who have the flu or cold.
- It is necessary to clean frequently touched items.
- It is necessary to ventilate places where time is spent for a long time, such as home and workplace.
- A healthy diet should be given importance.
- It is necessary to stay away from crowded environments as much as possible.
- If necessary, vitamin supplements should be taken under the supervision of a doctor.
How to Strengthen the Immune System
The immune system works simultaneously with all other body systems. For this reason, it is necessary to pay attention not only to the diet, but also to the whole health of the body and body hygiene. Some of the criteria below can help protect your immune system and can help strengthen the immune system;
- Not smoking,
- Doing regular exercise
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Avoiding alcohol or not consuming excessive alcohol,
- enough sleep,
- Creating a stress-free lifestyle,
- Practicing correct hand washing and oral hygiene both strengthens the immune system and protects the immune system.
In addition, there are some foods that should be consumed to protect the immune system. These can be listed as follows;
- Dark chocolate
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green tea
- Sunflower seeds
- Orange And Acid Fruits
- Red bell pepper
What Are Autumn Fruits? What Are Autumn Vegetables?
Consuming fruits and vegetables in autumn is very important in terms of both protection from diseases and strengthening the immune system. For this reason, it is important for your body health to adopt a diet consisting of various fruits and vegetables grown in the season, especially during the seasonal transitions. We have compiled the fruits and vegetables that can be consumed in autumn months;
Vegetables for September: Mushrooms, chard, corn, eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, bell pepper, kidney beans
September fruits: Damson plum, melon, fig, grape, hazelnut, watermelon
October vegetables: Mushrooms, walnuts, hazelnuts, leeks, spinach, radishes, carrots, cauliflower
October fruits: Grapes, apples, pears, grapefruit, bananas, tangerines
Vegetables for November: Zucchini, cabbage, squash, leeks, celery, spinach, cauliflower, leeks and chard.
November fruits: Walnut, Chestnut, Apple, Grape, Tangerine, Pomegranate, Kiwi, Pear, Grapefruit
How often should vegetables and fruits be consumed in autumn?
Vegetables and fruits grown in their season are both tastier and healthier. Vegetables and fruits consumed in season are very important for both physical health and immune system health. For this reason, certain portions of fruits and vegetables should be added to the daily diet. The frequency of consumption of vegetables and fruits may vary according to the vitamins and minerals that the person needs or according to the season. For this reason, we recommend that you consult a dietitian.
Vegetables and fruits grown in the season are very rich in nutritional values and their nutritional properties are quite high compared to the consumption of fruits and vegetables that are not yet in season. For example; A threefold difference was observed between the spinach consumed in winter and the spinach consumed in summer in terms of vitamin C.
It should not be forgotten that in each season, different needs of the body arise according to soil, weather and changing climatic conditions, so consuming fruits and vegetables according to the season of nature is more important than how much should be consumed daily.
How should we use supplements?
The use of supplements may differ depending on age, gender and daily exercise / movement status. supplements;
- Of course, it should be taken with a glass of water.
- It is necessary not to install more than 5 supplements in a day. If it is necessary to take more than 5 types of supplements, it is necessary to choose supplements that will not interact with each other.
- Supplements are recommended to be taken in the morning, taken in the evening may cause palpitations or insomnia.
- Each supplement can be preferred as a multivitamin instead of taking a single tablet or capsule.
- If a drug is used to treat other diseases, without consulting a doctor. multivitamins It should not be used because it may reduce the effect of the drug used or its side effects may occur.
- It is necessary to be careful about taking supplements as much as the dosage recommended by the doctor.
can be used in the form of supplements.