What is Lutein?
Lutein is basically biological pigments in the pigment class.. Lutein is the main carotenoid. These pigments, which give plants their color, are responsible for the photosynthetic absorption of plants. Lutein acts as an antioxidant. In the human body, lutein is found in the structure of the human eye, in the retina of the eye.. lutein; It is mostly found in yellow and orange vegetables. It absorbs the beneficial blue light from the sun. It acts as an antioxidant. It exists in the form of fatty acids and covalent bonds. When taken into the human body, it especially feeds the yellow spot in the eye.
Lutein – Zeaxanthin is found in which foods?
Contains lutein, orange pigments. While carotenoids are mostly found in yellow, orange and red foods, lutein is mostly found in dark and bright green vegetables. This is because chlorophyll (the green pigment that helps photosynthesis) in green vegetables traps lutein. Many foods also contain lutein. Basically these foods are;
• Foods containing lutein; Mallow, Corn, Asparagus, Celery, Parsley, Spinach, Nettle, Cabbage, zucchini, fennel, chard, dill, mint, cress, purslane, carrot, fig, egg, avocado, pepper, grape and pumpkin, saffron, broccoli, Foods such as peas, melon, kiwi and red pepper are foods containing lutein-zeaxanthin.
In addition, consuming these foods with some fat increases their absorption in the body. Alternatively, adding olive oil to a green salad may be beneficial for absorption.
Lutein – What Are the Benefits of Zeaxanthin?
As with all vitamins, minerals and oils, Lutein, which is defined as an antioxidant, is important for the health of the human body. Of course, the most critical point is the correct use and consumption of various nutrients and the intake of lutein that the body needs. eye health The benefits of this carotenoid, which is beneficial for health, can be listed as follows.
• It helps to protect skin health.
• It is anti-aging due to the antioxidant it contains.
• It helps prevent age-related eye diseases.
• Provides a decrease in light sensitivity.
• Increases visual acuity.
• It helps to protect the eye against yellow spot disease in the eye.
• They protect body proteins, fats and DNA against stress.
• It helps to reduce bad cholesterol effects.
• Heart attack helps reduce the risk.
What can we use as an alternative to lutein;
Lutein can be taken into the body from food, or it can be taken into the human body thanks to FortimSharp supplementary food. The benefits of FortimSharp containing lutein can be listed as follows;
Lutein supports eye health with vitamins A, E, C, B6, B9, B12.
· FortimSharp, Lutein – Zeaxanthin, vitamins and beneficial for eye health.
Lutein and Zeaxanthin are protective against aging-related yellow spot disease (AMD) in the retina of the eye.
Contains the pigments needed by the retina of the eye.
Helps reduce oxidative stress markers that damage the eyes
· Strengthens the immune system.
Contributes to the protection of the skin.