Omega-3 It is a type of fat that must be taken into the body. Its other name is “fish oil” and it is often used with this name. There are three types of omega-3 fatty acids. These types are ALA, DHA and EPA. DHA and EPA are commonly consumed types of omega-3s. EPA is a type of omega-3 fatty acid. EPA is used as an abbreviation for Eicosapentaenoic Acid. Since the human body cannot produce this omega-3 type, it is taken into the body from some animal and plant-based foods.
According to researches, if EPA is taken into the body with DHA, heart healthIt helps to protect the body against diseases such as vascular diseases and cholesterol and to balance blood sugar. The EPA is abundant in fish species that grow in cold ocean waters, such as Norwegian salmon, tuna, and cod. When it is necessary to take it to support the body in the form of EPA nutritional supplements, you can choose fish oils or nutritional supplements containing direct omega-3.
What Are the Benefits of EPA?
EPA omega-3 fatty acid is the type recommended to support cardiovascular health. However, it also has other benefits on the body. The benefits of EPA omega-3 fatty acid are as follows;
· Heart health; EPA acid helps maintain normal blood values when taken with DHA acid. However, at this point, the daily dose is of great importance. To see the benefits of EPA on adults, 2 grams should be taken per day and the daily dose should not exceed 5 grams.
· Child Development; EPA supports mental development in children. Although not as effective as DHA, EPA is also very important for brain cells for brain development.
· Fat Burning; Since it accelerates the body metabolism, it supports easy fat burning. The point to be noted here is that it supports fat burning, not helping to lose weight.
· Providing Oxygen and Glucose for the Brain; The brain needs oxygen and glucose to function. When EPA fatty acid is consumed, this oxygen and glucose are easily transported to the brain.
What is DHA?
DHA is one of the most known and used types of omega-3 fatty acids. Its expansion is defined as “Docosahexaenoic Acid”. DHA is a type of omega-22 fatty acid with a length of 6 carbons and 3 double bonds. DHA is most commonly found in fish, shellfish, fish oils, and fish algae. Especially high amounts of DHA are found in cold and ocean fish such as EPA. The reason for this is that fish produce this substance in order not to freeze in these cold ocean waters.
The liver of tuna, salmon and cod contains very high levels of DHA omega-3 fatty acids. About 60% of our brain is made up of fat. Nearly 40% of this oil is DHA omega-3 fatty acid. When we consider these situations, DHA is a very important fatty acid for the brain. DHA is not only important for brain health, but also for eye health.
What Are the Benefits of DHA?
DHA makes up about 3% of omega-97 fatty acids in the brain. Therefore, DHA fatty acid, which is very beneficial for the brain, also provides other benefits for the body. These benefits are as follows;
DHA is very important for brain health because it makes up 97% of the fatty acids in the brain.
Supports and improves brain functions.
· Language is a component of the cerebral cortex, which is responsible for emotion and attention.
If there is not enough DHA in the brain, the brain uses other available fats, which causes the brain functions to not work properly.
· If there is a low level of DHA in the brain, the brain structure shrinks. DHA component is very important for brain health.
Provides intercellular communication within the brain.
DHA helps maintain brain functions.
What is the Daily Need for EPA and DHA?
very important for health DHA and EPA Getting saturated fatty acids from all foods with a balanced diet is the most ideal way to get them into the body. However, in cases where nutrients are insufficient, medical supplements can be taken. Alright "DHA and EPA fatty acids How should it be used?” To answer the question; In fact, there is no specific usage time or interval.
Consuming fatty fish twice a week and DHA and EPA Rich plants and oils are consumed.
taken with a medical supplement DHA and EPA It is important to take it with a meal containing fat, the reason for taking it like this is to increase its absorption in the body. Taking it on a full stomach prevents stomach ailments. There is a generalized dosage. But the way to get the most accurate dose is to consult a doctor.
GOED (Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega 3s) recommends that 500 mg of DHA and EPA should be consumed daily. Fortim Vege While the product meets the DHA and EPA needs of vegans, 300 mg of DHA and EPA in it helps to meet your daily values.